Friday, August 1, 2014

If My Running Shoes Could Talk...

I am not an amazing elite qualifying runner. I am a mom of twins, a wife, and I work 2 businesses and up until June 2014 I also worked a full time job.  But this is not my story. This is the story of my running shoes 2011 - 2013, and what they would say if they could speak.

August 2011
Wow!  Thanks for buying me.  Kohl's is cool and all, but ya know, why be a shoe if no one is gonna stick me on their foot right??

September 2011
There are a lot of people here! And look, it's the little girl, Isabella!  Cool, we're taking the kids to meet her.  Hey, look! It's that dude from the radio station, Chris Wilcox. HI CHRIS!  Whew, I hope we can handle this!  First time running, and you wanna push a double stroller and your husband in his wheelchair?
What are you nuts?  Thank you to that nice lady who helped push one or the other during that run.... and oh great! It is raining.  Oh man!  This is bad.  WOOHOO! You finished!  Hey... are you okay? You look like you're gonna have a stroke!

October - December 2011
Hey, ya know... it's kinda dark in here. I get the feeling you don't remember me.  (Sigh) I thought you were kidding when you said you'd only run for kid's charities and to save your life.  I guess not.

January 2012
Hey spider!  We can be friends.  You can just crawl in here.  Hey, do you have any friends?  Tell them to come on over. We have plenty of room.  Maybe you can take messages to the outside for me.

February 2012
THE LIGHT!! IT BURNS! IT'S TERRIBLE!!  What are you doing to me?  Where are we going. I don't understand.  Your feet are too little to use me properly!  Stop it!  Oh dear God please help me! The kids have me on their feet!

March 2012
I'm here!  Under the bed!  I hear you calling for me!  Please, in here. There are so many toys.  Please, save me....  YES!!!!!!!!  Where are we going?  Oh, sorry about that spider in there... he's been dead a while though.  No need to scream again. No, there isn't anything in this one.  We got lonely okay???
Ahhhh, we're still comfortable right?  Wow! Look at all the Green! And the baked goodies.  Okay, you have those headphones in. This is promising.  Although, maybe you should be wearing some wicking fabric rather than cotton.  Oh well,off we go!  Well, I don't know what you expect? You haven't taken us out in months. You weren't training. Did you think you'd finish in under 30 minutes or something? LOL  Oh hey, someone just crashed through the front of the house!

April 2012 - June 2012
Awesome, Back in the closet again. Wow!  This Disney Place is awesome!  I'm walkin, I'm walking, wooo!  Dammit, back in the closet? REALLY?!?

July 2012
Les Mills PUMP huh?  Okay.  At least I'm out of solitary.

August 2012- October 2012
Hey, you lost a lot of weight!  You should go running now!
YAY!! It's the ISF Run again.  No kids this time huh? Good call.  Oh, I like the sound of that Les Mills COMBAT.  Kicking sounds like fun!

November 2012- March 2013
I like all this jumping and kicking, but I'm starting to feel a little warn out.  I don't know if you want to run in me any more.

April 2013
A 5k huh?  Are you sure? There isn't much support in me anymore.  Okay, but you're gonna regret it!  At least you met a new running buddy ... Jenn is it?  Cool

May 2013  
What is this one called? Hip Hop Abs.  Okay!  Dancing, sounds cool~  And Brazil Butt Lift huh?

June 2013
Wait.. Did you say Vegas???  YESSSSSSSSS!
 Do we get to meet Shaun T?  And Rach and Dan from Combat?  And Joel? And Jericho?? OMG!  This is awesome.  Woo!!  7000 people working out together? This is awesome!

July 2013
Hey, how about that Summit thing.  It's all good, I understand. I'm not supportive enough for running anymore. It's time for you to find better shoes.  Just don't forget me okay? Take me out once in a while.

August 2013-September 2013 Neon Pink and Black Fila's.... meet the beginning of my running hobby.

Saucony is now my shoe of choice, and I am now training for a full marathon with only 1 half under my belt, but I have run half marathon distance many times.  I cannot believe a 5k used to kill me. Anyone can become a runner!


No comments:

Post a Comment