Friday, November 2, 2012

Taking time for yourself -Nick Mom

     So the other night my friend asked me about this new show on Nickelodeon called Nick Mom.  The question was whether I had seen this show and if I enjoyed it.  To be honest, I haven't truly formed an opinion.  However I wanted to call attention to the tagline, "Take time for yourself".  I don't know about you, but I don't think about Nickelodeon when it is my turn to watch television.  By the time my little angels are placing their docile heads (yeah right) onto their pillows, I am ready for some American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Face Off, or some other show I absolutely cannot watch when they are awake.  This being said, I have watched a bit of this show because it comes on right after their 8 pm show ends.  So here are some good points about the show:

Stand up comedy - this is a hit or miss.  You may have a bunch of hysterically funny comedians, or they may be terrible.  If you cannot sit through just one comedian, turn the channel and commence normal adult program watching.

MFF (Mom Friends Forever): These two are only mildly annoying to me, but they may be the perfect hosts to someone else.  Trying to stay positive about this show, but honestly its like every other reality tv show that talks about moms.  http://www.nickmom.com/tv/mom-friends-forever/

Comedy sketches are pretty amusing and entertaining.  I actually really do enjoy Parental Discretion when I catch it. http://www.nickmom.com/tv/parental-discretion/videos/parental-discretion-cringeworthy/  .

All in all, I don't go out of my way to catch this show, but if something catches my ear before I change the channel, I would watch it.  Below you will find the promo for this program.  I am not sure if this program plays on Cable, but it does for Directv.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPPVaHqsSQ


Reader Comment Question of the day:

What do you do to take time for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment