Friday, November 30, 2012

Battling Obesity Head ON!

It's a difficult war to fight... the war against Obesity.  Trying to get people healthy when they have been stuck in a rut of overeating and overindulging is very difficult.  We've also become slaves to our technology (she said as she typed on her netbook, while glancing at her smart phone).  Another issue are the armies of people with supposed quick fixes to being overweight.  Belly bands that suck in the fat and make you thin (yeah right), pills that trap excess fat in your stomach while you eat (tried them back when they came out in 1998 they are BS), diet pills like dexatrim or xenadrine (hello heart attack waiting to happen), energy drinks loaded with things to raise your BP and heart rate, and a whole bunch of others.  I have tried all the magic remedies.. and I've tried fad diets.  Diets in general will only make you fatter than you were when you started.  You have to come off of them at some point.

So, when you offer to someone, "Hey, I can help you.  All you have to do is: Exercise, eat right, and come to me when you need support."  and they all of a sudden think you are lying or scheming on them.  This could not be further from the truth .  Do I make a commission if someone buys from Beachbody through me? Yes, but the REASON I became a coach was first and foremost to help people.  It is what keeps me going when 40 doors are slammed in my face.  When people have yoyo'd so much they have whiplash, they are really afraid to try something new.  But, in truth... the Beachbody challenge is nothing more than doing what the food pyramid and government have been saying to do for years. Exercise, eat a balanced and portion controlled diet.  Beachbody just happens to throw cash incentives, job opportunities, AND support in the mix to HELP people succeed.

Truth be told, in my opinion I don't care what exercise program you do, as long as you are consistent, and you do it daily mixed with proper nutrition, you are going to get healthy and fit.  For most of us, fitness is something we must work for every single day.  I just try to be there to help those who really want to work for it... because that is who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment