Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Good Things - stuff I want my kids to know

Recently I made a post on my Fitness and Motivation page on Facebook.  It was an article I found on buzzfeed entitled, "32 Pictures The Will Change The Way You See The World".  In one article you see 32 instances of people doing good things, positive things, selfless things... in essence, things that make up the best parts of humans.

Source: Buzzfeed article mentioned
Impromptu Christmas for a Homeless man. from above mentioned Buzzfeed Article


I wake up everyday and my first thought is, "Take care of the family, then take care of me".  And after everyone is at school/work I read about 1 chapter of something positive every morning, or listen to an audio every morning that uplifts me.  Because, I know that when I sit down in front of the computer, and scan Facebook I'm going to see a ton of sad stories, tragic news stories, angry posts, and in a nutshell... all of the things that make up the negative side of humans. Why do I scan Facebook?  Well, because a LARGE part of my home businesses are run through social media.  So I have to get on it every day.  Every single day I reach out to people and hope that I can help them in some way.  Be it, a book, or a kind word, or helping them find their fitness, or maybe even gifting them their own business.  And certainly I hear a myriad of feedback... but I never let it stop me from spreading the positive.  Haters gonna hate right?

I shared that article to remind people that there is good in this world.  I shared it to remind people that being a good person is as easy as saying hello, shaking a hand, taking time to help a stranger, looking out for your fellow man, because it is RARE, and it damn well shouldn't be.  We should be celebrating the good.  We should be "Sharing" the status' that call to action for something positive.  We should be sharing double rainbows, and soldier homecomings, and children's attempts to make us smile.  I'm going to ask a favor.  If you are a parent, like me, I want you to take a moment and make a post on your page about something good in this world.  Take a break from all the political bashing, the gun law stuff, the MEMEs that make fun of others, and post something positive.  Post a link to your Facebook or Twitter post in the comments below.  And everyone that reads this... follow those links and click LIKE/SHARE and bring some more love to the world of Social Media.

Our kids deserve a better example.  They are innately good, and innocent. They see the good in everything, and accept everyone.  We teach them to hate. We teach them to call to notice differences in skin/sexuality/faith.  If people would stop preaching their own agendas for 5 seconds to the children of this world... there would be a hell of a lot more acceptance and peace.  Let's set a good example. Let's share love.  Will you accept this challenge? And add the hashtag #ForOurFuture in your posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment