Thursday, June 6, 2013

Busting out of Weightloss Plateaus!

There are a bazillion ideas out there to detox, and cleanse your body. Stuff to "reset" it if you will.  I plan on trying the Ultimate Reset sometime soon, but for right now, I am happily exercising.  During something like the Ultimate Reset, you are running on low for about 3 weeks... so NO EXERCISE!  I might just start to cry seeing those words.  Yeah, I know, I sound like a psycho fitness nut job, but I really have flipped a switch in my head to the point that not working out makes me cranky!  Anyhoo.... onto what I plan to do Tomorrow and Saturday...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

I am doing a 2 day cleanse.  My husband has decided to join me.  I'll be begging him to let me take a Before pic tomorrow morning, and I will willingly allow my own to be taken.

2 Days?  That's it?, you ask... Yes.  There is a 3 day cleanse out there, but this is a SHORTENED version, because I don't want to do 3 days.  This cleanse is for people who still want to work out.  Here is where I throw in a disclaimer:

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE DOING INSANITY OR P90X! Those programs are too hard on the body and require proper calorie consumption.  

The Shakeology cleanse has you functioning on about 1000 calories per day, which is why it only lasts NO LONGER than 3 days.  I'm scared to death of the caffiene withdrawal.  But alas, I need to bust through this plateau and get my metabolism motor running.  So, I'm sharing the 2 days of hell with you fine folks.

I love my food. I love to eat, and I REALLY love to try new foods, so this is a big deal for me.  I have a good outlook on it, I'm just nervous.  So here is how it works:

"The goal of the Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse is to optimize your performance. You want to eat enough to fuel your day AND your workout. The foods you're eating are so high in fiber and nutrients that it's virtually impossible to overeat. You'll be consuming so much fiber, along with enzymes and digestive aids, that your body's ability to flush excess foods quickly will be at its peak"
Day One:

Wake up with some fresh brewed Green Tea
Breakfast:
1 Scoop Shakeology
8-10 Oz water
Ice to taste

Snack: 1 Piece of Fruit (apples are great here)

Lunch:
 1 Scoop Shakeology
8-10 Oz water
Ice to taste

1 cup Green Tea

Snack:
Before OR after Dinner Shake
1 Scoop Shakeology
8-10 Oz water
Ice to taste

Dinner:
3 Servings of Greens (this is your Salad.. spinach or Romaine are best, no Iceburg)
4 oz White Protein (Poultry or Fish)
No artificial dressings. So oil and vinegar but you go light on this!

You can add veggies and legumes to the salad to make sure you feel full, but no cheese, no bread etc..

So as I sit here this evening typing this, I'm enjoying my last glass of red wine till Sunday!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment