Friday, June 7, 2013

End of Day One Body Cleanse _Shakeology Cleanse

Day One is over, and I am SOOOO Hungry! lol.  When you are used to eating 1500-1800 cal a day, dropping to 1000 calories is ROUGH!  I am enjoying the feeling of actual hunger though. I know, "WTH?" right?  In all actuality, many of us have no idea how it feels to be hungry.


We eat because we condition ourselves to eat a specific times.  We eat out of habit, and we eat whenever we please.  Because we have a non-stop supply of food, people rarely know when they are truly hungry, versus when they are just craving food.  Also, we don't listen to our brains queues when it says , "YOU ARE FULL!! STOP EATING!"  We push it and then we regret it.

Think about it.  You're at a family cookout. All of the awesome potato salads, macaroni salads, veggie platters, fruit, BBQ chicken, Hot dogs, Hamburgers, pickles, chips etc... is out on the table and you start loading up your plate right?  You think, "I will hurt Aunt Mable's feelings if I don't try her buttered rolls" or "Uncle Jerry will be mad if I don't eat his ribs"  .  We talk ourselves into overindulging and we justify it by saying we are being good company.

What does all of this have to do with my cleanse?  EVERYTHING.  I wanted to give my body a break.  Yes, i eat very healthfully... and I eat 5 times per day because otherwise I will binge eat at regular meal times.  I had forgotten what it felt like to be empty at the end of the day, and that was an important reminder.  I need to remember this feeling, so that every time I go to bed, I feel this way.  When your body doesn't need to worry about digesting food while you sleep, it burns calories and fat.  Otherwise, the focus is on breaking down and absorbing nutrients, and storing them.  I don't know about you, but I would prefer to be hungry while I sleep than while I am awake!

Start of Day One Before pics. Me and the hubby:





Pros of this cleanse so far:

I feel clean on the inside, and I know I only ingested Nutrient DENSE low calorie, low sugar, low fat foods. I drank only water, and fresh brewed NON Sweetened green tea.  Nothing processed went into my body today.  And I got to have chocolate twice!  Chocolate Shakeology tastes naughty, but it is GREAT for you!  I'm not bloated at all.  I know I will sleep better tonight.

Cons:
Caffeine withdrawal.  I'm used to at least 3 cups of coffee per day, so this was harsh.  Getting through my workout was tough because of the low energy from lack of calories to burn!  Yes, that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment